Tuesday, December 29, 2009

FIVE FREAKIN' PERCENT!! (and other stuff)


As of tonight, the end of my sixth week of Weight Watchers, I have officially reached (and surpassed) my 5% goal. Oh yes, my lovelies, that's right. FIVE freakin' percent of my body weight. Which, because I have more lard in my ass than all of Europe used to spread on their bread during WW2, is rather a lot.

When I started this journey six weeks ago, I said I wasn't going to divulge my weight. I feared the mere act of reading the number might send you into convulsions from the shock because, trust me, it was (and still is) a shockingly high number. My mother just about fell off my couch when I told her what it was.

However, in order to fully and properly gloat about my current acheivement, I must break my vow of silence. So, please brace yourself. Also, bear in mind that any mocking, cruel words, or shaming will not be tolerated and I will be forced to come and sit on you. Which will be fun for me but might require the hiring of a chiropractor for you. You have been warned.

Now that that's out of the way...

6 weeks ago, I walked into my first NZ Weight Watchers meeting with a tummy full of huge ass butterflies (or maybe moths, I haven't quite figured that out yet) and waddled up to the scale. I just about cried when the woman wrote down my weight. And yet, it wasn't as high as I was expecting.

158.6 kgs

When I looked at it at first, I thought "Hey, that'd be awesome if it was pounds!!" and then held back the tears again as I converted it into pounds and realised how incredibly heavy I'd gotten. Yet it wasn't as heavy as I had BEEN! Have you done the math yet? That's 348.92 lbs.

(pause for dramatic effect and picking up of jaws off dust covered floor)

I'll admit I was sorely tempted to just say "Screw this" and walk away. Right then. Right there.

But I didn't. I've kept going. And now, after 6 weeks I have the pleasure of being able to jump up and down (carefully for fear of black eyes and sprained boobage) with glee for having reached (and surpassed. Don't forget surpassed!!) my 5% goal.

I lost 600 grams (1.32 lbs) this week.

My total weight loss for six weeks? 8.1 kgs !!!! (17.82 lbs)

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*~*~*~*

On a slightly less exciting note, I set a couple of goals tonight at my meeting.

1) A bunch of us have decided to sign up for the local half marathon. Feel free to die on my behalf, I'll wait. Done? Ok. Yeah. I agreed to do it, but only if I could walk the whole way. Which, YAY, is totally possible. I have until May 8th to be able to walk 21kms without (a) dying and (b) well, that was about it.

2) A few of us are also going to do the triathlon at the end of 2010. This is a far more achievable goal as far as I'm concerned. I'll likely also end up walking part of that too. I'm never going to be much of a runner.

Goals. Important, yes? Potentially death inducing? Yup. But I'm still gonna do it.

*~*~*~*

Also? I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely (and gorgeous!) Rachel from my Weight Watchers forums tonight. She's visiting from Christchurch and is very sweet, very funny and very leggy. Rachel, it was a pleasure to meet you and I'm very sorry I had to run out of there....family duties. If you're ever back here again, maybe we can grab coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your 5% - awesome job - it feels great to be succeeding, there is nothing sweeter.
    I look forward to following you on your marathon & triathlon - you are far braver than me - I would like to do something this but maybe in 2011!! Go for gold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud...I just finished a weight loss class of sorts and while I didn't do as well as I could, I do have new tools now. ON the last day the teacher reminded us that if you have to do it slowly, that's good....just keep doing it. It's a lifestyle change after all, it takes time.
    And good for you for walking the half-marathon! I'd totally do it with you if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! The half-marathon and triathlon are great goals to shoot for. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Maggie! I've just got back from holiday and just checking up on your blog. You are doing so well! And I absolutely love Heather - your meeting leader. She's adorable :-) Will definitely be back when I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete