Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Yet again

The problem with having a bunch of posts started and ready to go in your blogger storage facilities, is that many people (such as myself) never go back and finish them. Or, like me, by the time you make it back to finish them, you can't remember what the heck you were waffling about in the first place.

Or.

Or.

Or.

Yeah, whatever.

HI! How are y'all? I've missed you.

I hit another snag in my life where it felt like everything was piling on and re-joining Weight Watchers and keeping up my blog were waaaaaayyy at the bottom of an ever expanding list of priorities. I just barely managed to post on my Facebook page on a semi regular basis.

Then, I went to a women's retreat run my friend's Baptist church. I spent a whole weekend talking, laughing, playing, and having fun. I came home feeling more at peace with myself and my life than I have in a long time.

It really helped.

Then I saw an article in our local paper about an amazing woman here in town who just lost almost 50kgs and she looks AMAZING. Inspiration walking.

THEN!!! (yes, this will end soon, just hold on!)... then I had coffee with Tex, my long lost Weight Watchers leader and friend. We sat and had a good natter til we both realised we were meant to be heading to work. It was that final kick in the backside that I needed, that final push to say YES.

And so here we are. My weight loss, NAY! My HEALTH is back at the forefront, my blog & facebook page along with it. So, at the risk of sounding like a


my big 

is BACK on the


I did a scary thing this week. I went and joined a social netball team with a bunch of other ladies on a Tuesday evening. The practice made my body hurt and feel really tired. And yet, invigorated. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I'm looking forward to the games, although I feel like my skill level is FAR below everyone else's. I haven't played netball since I left school....so about 15 years. And I wasn't that great to begin with. So, this will be a adventure, if nothing else.

Yesterday, after my coffee date with Tex, I RE-joined Weight Watchers. That was scarier than the netball. I know that I had my reasons for leaving in the first place, but I still felt like a total failure walking into that room, signing all the papers AGAIN, and then standing on the scale to find I was 10 kgs heavier now than I was back in April or May when I stopped going. All that kept running through my head was "You FAILED". But I shut it all down because I know that while I might have failed in some small way by walking away all those months ago, I am WINNING now (yeah, just like Charlie Sheen)....all because I have started again. 

New starting weight: 150.0 kgs (330 lbs)
Small goal: 140.0 kgs (308 lbs) by Christmas)
Ultimate goal: 75 kgs (165 lbs)

So, there you have it. An update. The first of many. 

Come by and check out my Facebook page. I just ran a contest on there for the people who have clicked on that adorable little "Like" button at the top...and when we get to 250 fans, I will run a bigger one. I have a great prize in mind. And at some point in the not too distant future, I have business that will be running a contest through here and you WILL want to be in on it!

So how is everyone out there doing??? Update me on your lives...leave your blog links again, so I can come say hi!!

3 comments:

  1. Well Hi! Glad to see you back.....and on the wagon too. Netball...wow I haven't played that game since school either......35 years ago for me!!!! Just take it one step at a time, have your plan of action, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for rejoining WW... I did about 5 weeks ago too.
    You should feel proud that you did go back, it's when you don't that you keep gaining!

    Good luck with the netball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maggie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to following yours. There is no shame in starting over!

    ReplyDelete