Thursday, September 2, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow something

Hello peoples! I realise that I have been gone for nigh on a month now and I'm sure you've all missed me terribly. The thing is, I hadn't actually intended to disappear. One day turned into two, which turned into a week, which turned into a month. It was like the universe jumped into my life and said "Hey! You need a break from ...well... everything." and then put me on a blog hiatus. My other blog was noticeably vacant as well.

But I'm back. Because I think a month is long enough to disappear for and because, quite frankly, I missed you. I'm just happy that I left you with the fantastical wordage of Christine from Phoenix Revolution. She's a smart lady, that one. I really should take her advice more often.

So what's been happening in my little corner of the world? Not a whole damn lot, I have to say. I'm actually a little ashamed to say it. I spent August adjusting my weight. In the wrong direction. I gained 2.6 kgs (5.72 lbs) over three weeks. I'd love to reel off a whole bunch of excuses for my poor results but the plain and simple truth is that when *I* was sick with the flu, I was eating anything I wanted. Because I was sick. It made sense in my mind. Then, when my daughter was VERY ill with what the doctor said was Swine Flu, I ate anything I wanted. Because I was stressed about her. Totally made sense, again, in my mind. Add to that, that I wasn't exercising and what do you get? Oh yeah...weight gain.

*sigh*

Well. It's September now. And I'm back on track. I weighed in on Wednesday evening which was September 1st and I was down a whole 100 grams (0.22 lbs). Ooooohhh Aaaahhh. I know. Remarkable really. I've been tracking religiously and writing down everything. I had my month of blahs and binging and now it's time to put some serious work into this again.

My current weight? 138.3 kgs (304.26 lbs)

*sob*

It's ok. I'll be considerably lighter by Christmas.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to say hello to any of you. Blame the Universe. It made me. I'll be around to visit soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie
    Welcome back! I hope you and your family are all better and getting ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, sweetie! Hope you and yours are all feeling MUCH better!! September is a time of renewal - I'm determined to get back on track and make it count this time. Help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at the start of week three now... And looking forward to keep up with you! ;)
    Glad to hear that the Spawn is ok, and that you're over that ick. I'm not going to catch it this year!
    Just keep swimming...

    ReplyDelete